In June, I mostly...

Ok, over half way through the next month (*sigh*), let's get this show on the road.

In June, I mostly...

...tried to find inventive ways to combat humidity...



Shrinkage!!!





...then gave up, and went for twists...

I did a "loose twists" method that Miss Fizz wrote about on the Leave In The Kinks blog




I had to take them down pretty soon after they went in- about 10 days later, as I needed my hair out to do a shoot for a project I'm working on (more about that later)...



...so I didn't have much of a chance get any good photos of the different styles I did with them (I mostly wore a lot of high buns). But I will be back in twists soon, and will show how they encourage me to be versatile with my styling.

How have you guys been wearing your hair?

10 comments

  1. OMG I love your hair. I can't wait for mine to grow to a length where I can do this to my hair. Although at this rate..it might take a while..I just big chopped in March..its growing really slowly...*sigh* Can't do much with it now.In the meantime..more pictures please *wide grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Pepi! Don't worry, you'll get there. I always feel like my hair isn't growing until I look back at old pictures. In the meantime, enjoy the stage you are at. Long hair gets boring. I'm constantly looking at shorter hairstyles and considering breaking out the scissors!

      I'll try harder with the pictures.

      Delete
  2. Nibi, you're so gorgeous! And those loose twists are bomb! I'm always afraid of twists, because my hair strands migrate all over the place and I always get tangles. But, I know some other naturals with our texture also wear them. Off to research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, "my hair's big sis"! Aww, thank you so much! I feel the same about twists. I do wear them a lot, but I am always nervous they are going to tangle. Miss Fizz pointed out that this is less likely with loose twists and she was right. Here's her post on them and link to a youtube tutorial: http://www.leaveinthekinks.com/2012/05/loose-twists-take-2.html

      Delete
  3. I AM JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *wipes tears*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya .. did u do these twists on wet or dry hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I did them on wet hair, but I'm going to try on dry (stretched out) hair next time

      Delete